The Senior Internal Auditor will perform detailed work for financial SOX Compliance testing, Integrated Audits, and special request projects as assigned. For SOX Compliance testing, the candidate will participate in all aspects of SOX 404 including risk assessments, documentation, execution, testing of the design and operating effectiveness of financial reporting controls, and monitors management’s implementation of corrective actions through remediation. Other audit examples include business process reviews, strategic risk assessment, and special projects. Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for conducting assigned audit engagements based on the Audit Plan and in alignment with the Internal Audit methodology.
- Complete the testing of SOX controls, including design testing templates; Maintain risk control matrices; preparing and maintaining detailed workpapers to support testing. Responsible for providing clear, concise audit reports that are fully supported by complete and accurate audit work papers and data.
- Work with Internal Audit Management to plan, perform operational audits to enhance the Company’s success and control environment by providing deliverables that address the root cause of issues and making value-adding recommendations
- Evaluate business policies, procedures and related controls to develop efficiencies of departmental processes to improve function and find optimal practices.
- Ensure timely completion of audit work papers, documenting audit tests and observations to effectively support the audit conclusions. Identify control deficiencies and process improvements and communicate to business stakeholders.
- Coordinate with external auditors as applicable.
- Complete special projects as required
- Bachelor’s or higher degree required in Accounting or Finance. CPA, CIA certification preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of combined Public Accounting and Internal Audit experience.
- Extensive working knowledge of internal control requirements, generally accepted accounting principles, accounting processes, audit practices, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Excellent analytical skill.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including listening and the ability to communicate with all levels of clients in both verbal and written form.
Location: Stafford, TX, U.S.A.