Microvast is looking to hire a senior automation engineer in charge of designing the automation system for our new separator production lines. Microvast has a vibrant, fast-paced work environment that is committed to developing exceptional energy storage technology for automobiles. A successful candidate will be organized, have excellent communication skills, and works well with teammates.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform automation engineering activities in support of production machinery, manufacturing testing and other activities, including machine controls, interfaces, programmable logic controllers (PLC’s), software, data tracking and other areas.
- Manage large-scale automation projects, planning activities with outside vendors to build final products.
- Analyze processes, procedures and steps necessary to manufacture products. Develop plans to automate entire processes as applicable.
- Design equipment stations and implements improvements.
- Coordinate with other engineering areas, production and other areas to ensure that automation is integrated into overall manufacturing process.
- Provide guidance to Automation Personnel
- Develop and draft standard operating procedures and automation engineering documents
- Complete assigned work with some management or senior engineering staff oversight
- Communicate effectively with engineering staff and cross functional departments
- Manage outsourced vendors involved in design projects
- Advanced skills with programming and troubleshooting PLCs, HMIs, and computerized system design, installation
- Expert in PLC/HMI logic programming and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical systems, instrumentation and controls
- Strong knowledge of process control and machine automation in a plastic thin film manufacturing facility
- Expertise in developing and editing Software Lifecycle Documentation, engineering design documents, technical evaluations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to delegate tasks
- Proficiency with standard business software is required (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Able to balance changing priorities with increasing workload by making timely decisions
- Able to interact with employees at all levels and cross functionally across multiple departments
- Ability to manage and develop direct reports through mentoring and leadership
- BS in Engineering or related field and 5 years of experience in the design and maintenance of process control systems and/or data acquisition systems
- Equivalent relevant experience in the design and maintenance of process control systems and/or data acquisition systems may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Direct experience in a Lithium-ion battery separator manufacturing facility is preferred
- Understanding of lithium-ion battery separator equipment design principles and environment design requirements is a plus
- Travel internationally up to 50% in the first two years, up to 25% after that
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. No sponsorship is available for this position
Location: Orlando, FL.