Microvast is looking to hire an experienced polymer chemist to help study and develop Li-ion battery separators, binders, and electrolytes. Microvast has a vibrant, fast-paced work environment that is committed to developing exceptional energy storage technology for automobiles. A successful candidate will be organized, have excellent communication skills, and works well with teammates.
The ideal applicant will synthesize and characterize organic/polymeric molecules that are intended for use in electrochemical systems.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the design and synthesis of polymers, starting with the monomers.
- Perform bench-top polymer synthesis (solution, bulk, emulsion or suspension polymerizations) and scale-up using polymer chemistry techniques
- Analyze newly generated research materials using chromatography methods (GC-MS, HPLC, LC-MS), NMR, DSC/TGA, FTIR, and Porosimeter
- Record, analyze, and interpret experimental results
- Document results in technical reports and present data at team meetings
- Support project planning
- Maintain laboratory equipment in accordance with internal standards
- Interact with other departments and application support as needed
- PhD degree in Polymer Chemistry，Organic Chemistry, Material Scientist or related science/engineering discipline
- Hands-on experience with polymerization and/or organic synthesis
- Familiar with organic molecules characterization methods, such as, FT-IR, NMR, HPLC, LC/MS, etc
- Familiar with polymer characterization methods, such as DSC, TGA, GPC, AFM, TEM, SEM, etc
- Knowledgeable about laboratory safety best practices
- Open to travel to Asia for 2-3-month periods for the first 1-2 years of employment
- Open to relocation
- 3+ years’ experience working in the polymer, chemical, petrochemical or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with polyaramid material is a plus
- Experience with patents writing
- Knowledgeable about Li-ion battery technologies
- Speak and read some Chinese (Mandarin)
Location: Orlando, FL.