Microvast Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: MVST) is a technology innovator that designs, develops and manufactures lithium-ion battery solutions. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Houston, TX, Microvast is renowned for its cutting-edge cell technology and its vertical integration capabilities which extends from core battery chemistry (cathode, anode, electrolyte, and separator) to battery packs. By integrating the process from raw material to system assembly, Microvast has developed a family of products covering a broad breadth of market applications. More information can be found on the corporate website: www.microvast.com
Microvast is seeking a Material Scientist who holds deep knowledge in high voltage insulation material synthesis and application. The position will work in an R&D environment to develop new process for the manufacture of cutting-edge products.
This position reports to the CTO.
Microvast takes personal ownership in what we do, developing trust in our relationships with internal and external stakeholders. We firmly believe in having honest, forthcoming, and fair communications. In this role you will:
- Build, evaluate and execute development plan.
- Develop, hire, and coach a high-performance team.
- Develop advanced high voltage and high current insulation material for power electronics for electric vehicle and energy storage applications.
- Assist with the transition of new technologies/processes into a manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years of in high voltage and high current insulation material development and application.
- PhD in Materials Science, Ceramic Engineering, or Chemistry.
- Deep understanding and strong track record in high voltage and high current insulation material synthesis and characterization.
- Good understanding on power electronics, electric vehicle and energy storage.
- Experience in a production-oriented manufacturing facility is a plus.
- The candidate must demonstrate a research capability to solve challenging problems, have excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and documentation skills. This position requires creativity, innovation, and adaptability.
- Candidate must be qualified to work in U.S.
- Lake Mary, FL
- Base salary + bonus.
- The position is eligible to company Long-Term Incentive (LTI) program.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off