Microvast is actively seeking a Lab Technician – Entry Level. This role is idea for soon to graduate or recently graduated individuals from an accredited University. This role supports the research team by helping to perform laboratory tasks and characterizations for the materials research scientists and engineers.
An ideal candidate should have experience in university (or something similar) research labs. To be successful in this role the ability to adhere to safety best practices, follow test procedures carefully, and able to keep work space clean & organized. Most importantly, the applicant must be open to learning new ideas, techniques and procedures as part of the job since Microvast’s research is constantly evolving.
- Assist research staff to perform experiments on new battery technologies
- Keep work area clean / organized
- Assist in data acquisition and analysis for material preparation and characterizations
- Work to maintain a safe lab environment
- Keep laboratory inventory up to date
- Responsibilities may evolve and grow based on needs of company
- 2/4 year degree from accredited university in a STEM field
- Experience working in chemistry (or something similar) research lab at university or in private industry
- Familiar with recording, analyzing and plotting data in Excel
- Able to stand for 3-4 hour stretches of time while working in the lab
- Able to follow written experimental procedures in laboratory
- Serious attitude towards laboratory environmental health and safety
- Candidate must be qualified to work in U.S.
- Experience performing characterizations such as FTIR, BET, UV-vis, titrations
- Experience assisting research in past with material synthesis work
- Experience writing standard operating procedures
- Experience analyzing scientific data
Location: Lake Mary, FL, U.S.A.