Founded in 2006, Microvast is a fast-growing market leader in design, development and manufacturing of ultra-fast charging, long-life battery power systems with superior safety for electric vehicles. Specifically designed to address the critical constraints currently facing electric vehicle development, our electric vehicle battery system solution paves the way for mass adoption of electric vehicles.
Microvast is seeking a Director of Manufacturing Engineering for our Clarksville, TN location
Microvast is building a strong team of production and operations engineers to lead the construction and continuous improvement of a world class, vertically integrated, Lithium-Ion Battery production facility in Clarksville, TN. We are seeking a strong and experienced leader to help build our manufacturing engineering team. This position will be responsible for all production engineering aspects of the factory and will have the opportunity to be involved from the very beginning of construction. We are looking for a highly motivated leader who will get their hands dirty from day one. They will not only need to be involved in all aspects of the facility build out but will also need to recruit and build a highly skilled team of manufacturing engineers.
Our engineers are expected to quickly become experts in the fundamentals of lithium-ion cell technology. They will be responsible for developing and driving continuous improvement in a high speed, highly automated manufacturing facility to produce the highest performance and highest quality Lithium-ion batteries. This position will report to the General Manager of the facility.
- Lead Microvast’s Manufacturing Engineering team. The Manufacturing Engineering team is responsible for supporting Microvast’s battery production to ensure our world-class production is running smoothly and without issue. In addition, we continually seek to improve our process by means of productivity, quality, cost, and other metrics.
- Build a team of highly talented and motivated manufacturing engineers. The duties of the team include but are not limited to:
- Providing engineering support related to daily production activities.
- Working to optimize OEE (Overall Equipment Efficiency) to increase productivity and reduce defect and loss.
- Utilize OEE and other production data to effectively manage tasks and activities.
- Troubleshoot real time production problems to maintain production and reduce defects.
- Work with maintenance teams to develop permanent countermeasures to common problems in daily manufacturing.
- Monitor and audit manufacturing processes to ensure product specifications and standards are achieved.
- Apply technical knowledge to develop clear and standard work instructions, SOP’s and troubleshooting guides.
- Have excellent time and project management skills, including effectively allocating time and resources, clearly tracking project progress, and delivering accurate results by deadlines.
- Develop effective short-term and long-term plans for the team to achieve business targets.
- Effectively communicate and work with management teams, team members, and related divisions (e.g. Production, Maintenance, Quality Control).
- Execute high performance culture and servant leadership.
- B.S./M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or related discipline. Masters Degree preferred
- 15+ years of product development/manufacturing experience in a high-volume production environment such as battery or electronic components.
- 10+ years of Engineering leadership experience
- Strong analytic and decision-making abilities. Able to influence others to move towards a common goal.
- Self-motivation and resourcefulness are required.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment, effectively prioritize work, and deliver quality results.
- Intuitive, adaptable, creative, and collaborative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Travel as required, both domestically and internationally
- Experience with control strategy, PLC, and sensor/actuator relationships is a plus.
- Previous experience with Industrial data analysis or Manufacturing Execution System (MES) desired.
- Experience in a high-volume battery manufacturing environment (1M+ units per day).
- Familiar with six sigma methodologies and tools.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, SolidWorks.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do the following:
- Stand for extended amounts of time.
- Be on the production floor on a regular basis
- Required to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) such as but not limited to; hard hat, respirator, gloves, eye protection, steel toe boots, etc.