We are searching for a chief engineer with excellent leadership abilities to oversee multiple company projects. The Chief Engineer’s responsibilities will include assigning tasks to engineering teams, setting long and short-term project goals, negotiating with vendors and clients, ensuring that projects stay within time and budgetary restraints, and compiling reports for the board of directors.
To be successful as a chief engineer, you should keep abreast of cutting-edge advancements in your field and be dedicated to excellence. An exceptional chief engineer should be able to think on their feet and clearly communicate their vision to various audiences.
- Communicating the goals of the company to all engineers and professionals in the team.
- Supervising every phase of the project from start to completion.
- Calculating costs, material, labor, and time required for each project.
- Approving designs and budgets.
- Delegating tasks to engineering teams.
- Supervising staff training as well as equipment installation.
- Performing quality control checks on all systems and products.
- Quickly resolving disputes between staff.
- Acknowledging or rewarding good work.
- Analyzing data and drafting reports for review.
- Writing Specifications
- Setup Request for delivery (RFQ) to suppliers
- Master or Bachelor’s degree in the relevant engineering field (Master’s degree preferable).
- At least 5 years of experience leading or supervising a team.
- A sound understanding of engineering principles.
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude and restore morale to a team.
- The ability to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to process negative feedback and remain professional.
- The ability to work onsite in our production plants and in the office.
- International Travel ability
Special work topics:
- Lithium battery systems development, Modules and packs inclusive Battery management system (BMS) and Battery control (BCU) for motor vehicles
- Mechanical design of modules and packs
- Knowledge and experience in work with CAD System
- Electrical design of wire harness and connectors
- Design for in house mass production
- UL and CE conform design
Location: Orlando, FL.