Microvast, founded in 2006 and now a Nasdaq listed company, is an innovation leader in Li-ion battery technology. With the fast-growing vehicle electrification and new energy markets in North America, the company is rapidly expanding its business due to the passion, focus, and expertise of our people. We are seeking an experienced, passionate, dedicated professional for a full-time business development manager position. The incumbent will work with North America business operation and global function teams to develop business with our current and future customers in North America. Microvast offers competitive compensations and benefits.
Key Job Responsibilities include the following:
- Research and identify new business opportunities: new markets, growth trends, customers, partnerships, products, and services ;
- Serve as business point of contact for existing or new customer accounts. Managing all aspects of business development with existing customers while at the same time developing new customer accounts. Responsibilities include, but not limited to: contracts, price negotiations, purchasing, delivery schedules, and coordinating technical responses.
- Seek out the appropriate contact, generate leads and cold call prospective customers.
- Foster and develop relationships with potential customers
- Understand customer’s technical requirements and prepare a competitive response
- Set strategic targets and objectives to develop and improve the business
- Define and execute detailed plans
- Have a good understanding of the businesses’ products and services
- Develop the business sales and marketing strategy.
- Help to plan sales campaigns and create a sales pipeline
- Submit sales forecasts and account analysis. Present your findings to senior management
- Travel time 30% to 40%
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree: BS, preferably an engineering degree.
Required Skills & Experience: Minimum of three to five years of experience, and one or more qualifications in categories listed below:
- Engineering or technical background
- Experience in business development, customer service, and/or business administration
- An analytical mind
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Commercial and business acumen
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Ability to work under time constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill in English
- Experience in Li-ion battery or related industry